Funky Flora shabby

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Catching up with Carson

Hello everyone.

Carson has been talking, talking, talking. I will stop listing the words he says soon because there will be too many, for now here are a few in no particular order: ball, bath, cup, more, what, this, that, dad, mom, side (outside), apple, etc. He also parrots some words that we say, but doesn't necessarily know their meanings. By far the cutest word he says is "delicious." He says it pretty well, this is the only time we've caught it on camera.

He also knows his animal sounds and body parts really well. He can say the animal sounds, but he can't say the body parts yet. He can recognize and point to them though, even on stuffed animals.

He's getting more and more of an opinion and usually knows what he wants. This is fun when we want him to choose a book or choose between a couple choices for lunch.

Having a one-year-old with a strong opinion isn't always fun and games though. We have had to start disciplining which is not very fun. If Carson gets an idea in his head he likes to see it through. He has started this new trend that he always needs to "wash his hands" mostly because he likes playing in the water. He rubs his hands together so we know what he wants. It was cute at first, but I finally decided I can't stop and wash his hands every five minutes. He's coping with that pretty well.

Anyway, he is a great baby. We love him to pieces. The other night we were lying in bed talking about Carson and Taylor said, "Yeah, I like everything about him." And that is how I feel too. It is so easy to love him. He's such a sweetheart.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates Jenny, I love to see you guys in the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to comment several times so this is my last try. Carson is too cute for words. I love, love, love, how he says delicious. And of course everything he does brings me such joy. Thanks for sending them. I love that Carson man and I miss him like crazy xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore every one of these videos. Love watching how smart he is with that tiger, and watching him choose the same book over and over again. I concur, I like everything about him. :)

    ReplyDelete