Funky Flora shabby

Monday, January 28, 2013

An Inspiring Reminder

I was inspired at church yesterday, but not only by a talk or lesson like usual. I sat by a lady from India who was visiting from a different religion and after only one meeting, I really admired her.

She introduced herself and said she was visiting with her husband because they believe (like we do) that we are all children of God, and you can grow closer to God by worshiping together with your brothers and sisters.

Throughout the meeting, Carson played peek-a-boo with her, threw cheerios, and was generally active-like he usually is. Even though he was quiet, I was feeling a bit embarrassed and turned to her after the meeting to apologize if he'd distracted her. She said something like, "I love children, they are never a distraction. We have a saying in India something like, 'Children are in the image of God.' They are never distracting, only reminding us of God."

I completely agree with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment