Funky Flora shabby

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The never ending blog update

Well I guess we're due for an update! And, I want Emma to be able to see a few more videos before she leaves on her mission. Emma is my sister-in-law and she's leaving next week to serve her mission in Peru! So, this one is for you Emma. (Skip to the end for Carson stuff)

We've had some visitors in Nashville! First, my parents and my brother John came for a day on their way to Florida.




It was so fun to have them here. Even though it was only a short visit, we loved every minute!

Then, Taylor's grandma and his sister, Emma, came for a few days!
Radnor Lake 



Opry Mills Mall 


Cheekwood Botanical Gardens 

Centennial Park 

The temple 

Downtown Franklin (or You've Got Mail)

We got to do so much while they were here! I don't have pictures of everything, but it was all really fun! Another of Taylor's sisters, Cammie, even came down and we all went to Kentucky and got to tour Mammoth Cave!

Besides visitors, did I say Taylor graduated? Taylor graduated! He is still studying like crazy preparing to take CFA level 2 on Saturday. Fun times.




Now here's a little update on our Carson man. We took him to his 18 month well-check doctor's appointment and he's still very healthy. He weighs 27.5 pounds and is almost 34 inches tall. His head circumference is still in the 90th percentile as is his height with his weight percentile falling somewhere in the 75-80 range. We're mostly just glad he's been so healthy. His doctor commented on how he's only been in for his well-check appointments and I guess that's not very common. It made me very happy to recognize how blessed we've been with a healthy baby.

Here are some pictures:
Cute smile 

Summer attire

This is Carson's "oh no" face. I don't know where he learned it.

Daddy put Carson in the storage closet. He thought it was silly.

During Taylor's graduation ceremony. We only wandered through the boring parts :)

Now for a few videos so you can SEE how Carson is doing :)

Carson can count to ten. He misses a couple numbers in the video, but he can consistently get all the numbers 1-10 except 7, he always forgets seven. Anyway, it's pretty cute:


He also learned his first sentence! He says, "You're silly." Maybe he's heard us say it a lot?


He really IS silly. Things like this next video happen all the time, but don't always involve Carson hurting himself. Taylor says I'm mean for laughing.


He also learned all the lyrics to a song. You may be less impressed when you learn what song, haha. But with his BYU gear and everything, he's ready for the games!



Well, I can now hear Taylor snoring beside me and I hope he's the only one who I put to sleep with this post. Thanks for sticking to the end. I'll try to have shorter, more frequent posts in the future!

4 comments:

  1. YES! I was hoping for another post! I'm going to miss silly little Carson, but I'm glad I got to see some more pictures and videos! He is adorable and hilarious! Thanks Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, and don't worry we'll make sure to send pictures while you're on your mission!

      Delete
  2. Jenny, I love reading about Carson!! He is just the cutest little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We think so too! I'm excited for you all and your little one to be born!

      Delete