Funky Flora shabby

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ode to moms


Happy Mothers Day!

I wish I had a picture/ video of this morning when Taylor and Carson carried in a waffle with peanut butter and strawberries to me and Carson saying, "mom, mom, mom." It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. But I don't sleep with my camera, so instead I'm going to tell you about a couple of the moms in my life and how awesome they are.

Recently, I came across this beautiful video on the church website. (Mom, click on the words "this beautiful video" and it will take you to see it)

And I thought about the quote at the end about how life doesn't come with a manual, it comes with a mother. I love that! I know I learn so much from my mom. (Obviously not technology stuff if you read the previous parentheses,  but she's still pretty smart). She is the one I watched growing up because I knew I wanted to be just like her. She's the one I call when I need to know how to cook something, or take care of flowers, or get through the day. And she is the one that still greets me and answers the phone with, "Hello, my sweet, beautiful, wonderful, darling, princess!" I love how much she supports me being a mother and rejoices in my I-love-Carson-as-much-as-I-could-possibly-love-any-human-being moments because she knows how it is to be a mom. I love you, Mom. Thanks for being such a great example. You're the best.


Another wonderful mother I know is my sweet mother-in-law. She is really one of the nicest people I know. When we first met and ever since then she has made me feel so welcomed and loved in the Beckstead family. What I really owe her the most for though, is raising Taylor to be so awesome. Yeah, I'm sure his dad helped a little too ;) I am so glad they are such a wonderful family filled with so much love, and I know a large part of the credit is due to their wonderful mother. She's such a cute Grandma, too! Look:



I also loved this video. I think I'm still like the boy sometimes, largely oblivious to most of the sacrifices my mom made for me. Being a mom is the most demanding, challenging, and easily the most rewarding thing I've ever done and I'm just at the beginning. Thank you to all the moms and future moms out there. Happy mothers day!

No comments:

Post a Comment