Funky Flora shabby

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Joy of Creating

When we got to our new house in Atlanta, it needed a lot of love. We've been working on it since then and it feels like we've created a home. Here's a recent picture with Taylor's fancy new tv:

I have never considered myself a crafty or creative person. I still don't, but I have found that even if I'm not good at it, I LOVE creating things. And I'm getting better. I recently made this display for over the couch. I like it.

 I made a cake.

I really want to get out my sewing machine soon and learn a new talent. Think of all the things I could create with that!

Carson helped me create this picture. It was so much fun coloring with him, I felt like I was creating a masterpiece rather than a sloppy half-colored dog. 

And I'm thinking my love for creating is one of the reasons why I love being pregnant. I love thinking how a little person is growing inside of me. 
25 weeks


When I see Carson find so much happiness in building a tower or coloring a picture, I think maybe everyone inherently loves creating. Although little kids mostly express their love for creating by creating messes...


Anyway, I'm going to keep practicing so someday I can create worlds. 

1 comment: