Funky Flora shabby

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Busy Day

Today I didn't even leave the apartment, but somehow it felt like a busy day. We packed and packed and cleaned and cleaned. The best part of my day was when I sat down for lunch with Carson. He said, "bless the food?" Usually I just bless it, but I thought I would let him try and repeat after me. He did it so well and so reverently. Then, about halfway through our peanut butter and banana sandwiches, he said, "bless the food, 'gain (again)?" So I helped him bless the food again. Right after he said amen he said, "Again?" So we blessed it a third time. He seemed about as pleased as I felt. 

It was such a happy experience. It made me feel so lucky to be his mom. I can't even believe how much I love him. I think it also made me more patient the rest of the day when he climbed on the table and colored on the door. You really can't take your eyes off them for a second! 


 Brownies...yum.

He tried on Daddy's shoes.

This is him saying, "Cheese!"

 He closed the door while I was vacuuming his room. I guess he wanted his picture to be a surprise. First time he's drawn on the door/walls. Fortunately, it just wiped off.


1 comment: